Colosseum Arena with Ancient Rome Tour
Enjoy beating the crowd, the heat and the long ticket lines with the Early Morning Colosseum & Ancient Rome Guided Tour. Your expert English speaking guide will take you back in time, describing the historical fame of the Colosseum as well as recreating the former glory of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. On this tour, you will have “skip the line” access to this grand monument, avoiding the ticket lines. Relax and enjoy this history rich guided tour! This is a small group tour with a maximum size of 15 people per group.
You will begin your tour in the early morning at the meeting place,Via della Polveriera 8. Here you can take some beautiful wide angle and panoramic photos of the Colosseum and surrounding areas before the tour begins. Being one of the most visited monuments in the world, there is regularly long ticket lines at the Colosseum. By joining our Early Morning Colosseum Tour we will provide you with ‘skip the line’ entrance tickets, so the group can head straight inside and not waste time standing around in ticket lines.
As you walk inside the Colosseum, you will begin to feel the magnitude of where you are. Exploring the ground floor level and up to the second tier, your guide will recreate the past, with stories of epic battles, painting pictures in your mind, bringing to life the walls that surround you.
Learn about the types of games and ferocious battles that the Romans enjoyed the most. See where the emperor would be perched, high above the arena floor, ready to decide the fate of another gladiator as he stood before a roaring Roman crowd. Along with providing you with expert knowledge, your guide will also point out the best places to capture that perfect picture during your tour, as you tour the circumference of the Colosseum. The Colosseum section of the tour will last approximately 1 hour.
After the Colosseum tour, you will be guided on foot, a short distance to the entrance of the Palatine Hill. Entering with the tour group, you will enjoy the direct access again without having to wait in the ticket line. From here you will be guided around the most famous of Rome’s Seven Hills, which provides one of the very best vantage points in all of Rome for panoramic photographs of the Colosseum, and the ruins of the Roman Forum below.
Coming down from the Palatine Hill will see you enter the magical, Roman Forum. This was the “city square” of ancient Rome, and it is filled with numerous landmarks dating from every period of the Roman state. The expert tour guide will explain to you the significance of each inscription and monument, and you will get a feel for what it must have been like to walk through the marketplace in ancient Rome.
What to know
- Professional English Speaking guide
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill All taxes, fees and handling charges
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Entrance is strictly limited so you must arrive early. It is recommended to arrive 45 minutes prior to the visit. Anyone who arrives after their time slot cannot be accommodated or refunded.
- Please note that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
- Dress code is smart casual
- Children must be accompanied by an adult