Colosseum Underground with Ancient Rome Tour
An expert English speaking guide will take you on a journey back in time, recreating the amazing history and mysteries of this grand monument. On your tour, you will beat the crowd skipping the long ticket lines to venture deep inside the walls of the Colosseum discovering its many secrets and gory past. Join us on the The Official VIP 2 Hour Colosseum Underground Tour and walk out onto the famous Arena floor once stood upon by Romes greatest gladiators travel down into the depths of this incredible monuments underground area seeing the dark dungeons where gladiators and animals were held before the contests began brought back to life by your professional tour guide.
This tour has limited availability, and the starting time can vary. You will meet the staff at the office in Via del Colosseo 24. Here you can take some beautiful wide-angle and panoramic photos of the Colosseum and surrounding areas before the tour begins. Being one of the most visited monuments in the world, there is a regularly long ticket line at the Colosseum. By joining this Official Colosseum underground tour, you will be provided with ‘skip the line’ entrance tickets, so the group can head straight inside and not waste time standing around in ticket lines.
As you walk inside the Colosseum, you will begin to feel the magnitude of where you are. This tour gives you access also to the Colosseum arena with a beautiful view over the underground level. You will also visit the underground chambers and hear stories of gladiators and wild animals that were kept there. Exploring the ground floor level and up to the second tier, your guide will recreate the past, with stories of epic battles, painting pictures in your mind, bringing to life the walls that surround you.
Learn about the types of games and ferocious battles that the Romans enjoyed the most. See where the emperor would be perched, high above the arena floor, ready to decide the fate of another gladiator as he stood before a roaring Roman crowd. Along with providing you with expert knowledge, your guide will also point out the best places to capture that perfect picture during your tour, as you tour the circumference of the
- Professional guide
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- Prosecco and snacks (aperitivo)
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
What to know
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Entrance times are strict so early arrival is essential; late arrivals cannot be accommodated or refunded
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the attraction; do not bring these with you as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
- Children must be accompanied by an adult